The below information was given to me to add into my post for Lactaid, so I hope that it helps you.
Just in time for National Ice Cream Month this month, LACTAID®Ice Cream has introduced two new delicious flavors to their existing line-up so you can indulge in a creamy scoop of your favorite cold treat, without the discomfort due to lactose.
Lactaid products can really taste good and included in this blog post are some delicious recipes for specific products.
The new varieties include:
- LACTAID®Salted Caramel Chip Ice Cream: Combines sweet caramel swirls and dark chocolate chips with creamy lactose free ice cream. Savor the delicious flavor with none of the discomfort.
- LACTAID®Berry Chocolate Crumble Ice Cream: Includes ripe pureed berries and rich chocolate crumble together in a creamy ice cream that’s 100% lactose free so there’s no discomfort. This perfectly balanced fusion of berry and chocolate is sure to satisfy your sweet tooth.
- LACTAID®Ice Cream is delicious, rich and creamy because it’s made with 100% real milk and cream, without the lactose, so it’s naturally easy to digest.
- Other LACTAID®Ice Cream flavors include: Butter Pecan, Cookies & Cream, Chocolate, Vanilla. Various LACTAID®Ice Cream flavors are available at grocery storesand Walmart nationwide for a retail price of $4.49 for one quart.
To celebrate National Ice Cream Month, why not throw an ice cream social?
Here are some tips for a cool party this summer: Create a topping bar! While the ice cream will be the main attraction, make sure to stock up on some classic toppings, in addition to some trendy ones. Sprinkles and cherriesare great, but why not try to throw in some hot and spicy nuts, crushed waffle cones, and fruity cereal for a twist.
Try out a delicious snickerdoodle ice cream sandwich recipe which can be found below, that was created by TV chef Melissa D’Arabian.
Appendix Snickerdoodle Cookie Sandwhich Yield: 6 ice cream sandwiches:
Prep Time: 20 minutes + 30 inactive minutes
Cook Time: 7-8 minutes
Total Time: 58 minutes
For the Snickerdoodle Cookies: 1/4 cup butter, ¼ cup shortening, 2 eggs, 1 teaspoon vanilla extract, ½ cup brown sugar, ¼ cup granulated sugar, 1 ¾ cups flour, ¼ teaspoon cinnamon, ½ teaspoon baking soda, ¼ teaspoon salt.
For the cinnamon sugar: 2 tablespoons of granulated sugar, ½ tablespoon cinnamon
For the ice cream sandwiches: 2 cups LACTAID®Salted Caramel Chip Ice Cream.
Your choice of: (optional): Sprinkles, Crushed Pretzels, Dark Chocolate Chips, Toffee, bits Mini Marshmallows, Crushed Oreos, and Crushed Graham Crackers
- To make these delicious Snickerdoodle Cookies, you'll need to melt the butter in a microwave in 20-second intervals. Allow to cool completely, then whisk in the eggs and vanilla. In a separate bowl, whisk together the sugars, flour, shortening, cinnamon, baking soda and salt. Stir the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients until just incorporated.
- You'll need to be sure to refrigerate dough for 30 minutes. Mix sugar and cinnamon in a shallow bowl. Preheat oven to 400ºF. Scoop the dough using a ¼ cup ice cream scoop or cup measurer. Flatten with the palm of your hand, then coat the cookie in cinnamon-sugar.Bake for 7-8 minutes on a greased baking sheet. Allow to cool completely.
- To assemble ice cream cookie sandwiches: Place baking sheet in freezer. Bring ice cream out of freezer to soften for 2 minutes. Be sure that you prepare any toppings by placing them in shallow bowls.
- Working quickly: Lay one cookie top side down on a baking sheet. Using 1/3 cup ice cream scoop, scoop ice cream onto the cookie. Top with second cookie, pushing down lightly until the ice cream reaches the edges. Roll in desired toppings. Place on baking sheet in the freezer. Repeat. Serve immediately, or wrap individually in plastic wrap for longer-term storage.*Note: Optional ingredients are not included in the nutrition analysis