Do you have a daughter, niece, or granddaughter who loves Strawberry Shortcake? Keep reading to learn more about the fun she can have making a special dessert with you!
Right now, I'm helping kick off May being National Strawberry Month which is HUGE! Everyone loves a good strawberry recipe, right? I wanted to tell you what I got for this month's big kickoff. I love strawberries and am a big fan of Strawberry Shortcake, so I was absolutely thrilled to be asked to help promote these amazing items, and doing a monthly recipe for my family and readers, right at home for my blog!
The fun thing about this post is that not only did our daughter get to help me do the shopping for the recipe products, but she got to enjoy the digital copy of the new Strawberry Shortcake movie, which by the way she LOVES! She's a big time fan of Strawberry Shortcake. She also received a comic book, a classic Strawberry Shortcake doll that smells just like berries, cake decorating items, and some rings for the shortcake donut recipe of course.
We had a lot of fun making these donuts, and now I'm ready to share the recipe with you, along with pictures of each product that you'll need to buy to make it for your family too!
Shortcake Donut Recipe
- 12 Plain Cake Donuts
- 6 Cups Whipped Cream
- 1 lb of Fresh Strawberries (quartered)
- 1 Bottle pink Premium Gel Color by DecoPac
- Strawberry Shortcake Friends Forever Cupcake Rings
2. Tint whipped cream pink, and layer onto bottom half of each donut.
3. Place quartered strawberries on top of whipped cream, then sandwhich with the top half of each donut.
4. Top with a dollop of whipped cream and a Strawberry Shortcake Friends Forever Cupcake Ring.